Wednesday, November 28, 2007

wanting a new perspective

Going on a bit of a tangent...

Definitely as a teacher, you will have those weeks that make you question your profession. Your students, the administration, and even the very presence of the school can make you go insane at times. I'm sure this is true with every job, but I'm a teacher, so my tangent is about teaching. And especially when you are teaching students and working with an administration from a culture very different from your own... the insanity seems to be kicked up a notch because you feel powerless to change anything.

Vagueness will be pouring through this blog for obvious reasons. But let's just say that I'm not going to quit my job or anything...I'm going to ask for patience, firmness, a strong hand at discipline, consistency in my way with students, and most of all, strength. It's only Wednesday, and already I've wanted to scream and yell at students a few times.

Father give me patience. Give me wisdom. Help me to see things through Your eyes. May I have a thankful heart.

No comments: