Thursday, October 18, 2007

updates on a Friday

The end of another week (again, despite what this post says, it's Friday here), and the end of this week brings along with it some Korean parents. One weekend out of each semester, the parents fly in from Korea to visit their kids...not all the parents, just some, mostly of new students. The day they arrive, we do introductions of the teachers, then all the kids say their name. We have dinner at the cafeteria (cuz it's just so yummy, that Korean cafeteria food), then the Chinese and English classes do performances. It's like a talent show without prizes at the end. I'm in charge of 2 performances for this show...and you'll just have to wait for pictures for me to describe exactly what they're doing. And I'll see if someone can take a video of them, too. It's always an interesting night, usually fun, and also interesting to see some of the students' families. And tomorrow, there will be an English QT (devo) in the morning with Bryant and Kennedy doing worship songs in English.
Updates:
- keep lifting up a home for Shepherd. I'm going to talk to a family at the fellowship this Sunday...hopefully I get the time. Sundays after the service are always nuts.
- my friend Dana in Texas is due any day now, and as of a couple days ago, she was already at 3 cm...now at 4. Just pr for a smooth delivery for her and little Lily.
- my IWU friend Matt that accompanied me here my first year in China just got engaged to another college/elementary school pal, Amy. Congrats Matt and Amy! The Father has done so much in Matt's life and I'm so happy that he and Amy are together.

Be blessed y'all.

No comments: