So since Shanghai, for the past day and a half, I've tried to relax and enjoy the last free days of my vacation. Starting tomorrow, I'll be busy. Yesterday, Kim's family, Jamie, and I met up with Jodi for lunch before she headed back to Shanghai. I hate that I only see that girl every couple months or so :( Then I relaxed at home before Raul came over last night. Y'all....hmm.. I'm such a blessed woman.
Speaking of which...I got an email from theknot.com in my yahoo email today that reminded me we only have 7 months til the wedding (as if I needed a reminder). One of the things I love about this website are the e-newsletters they send, especially the ones they send each month telling you what you should be working on for that particular month. Not all things apply of course (thank goodness) but it's nice to have a general idea. And tonight at Danielle's birthday dinner(ironically at a branch of the restaurant where Raul proposed), one of the topics of conversation was the wedding plans. My own goal is to prioritize, but it just seems like some things are coming together much easier than others. For instance, we've had a pretty easy time figuring out the guys' clothes (not your standard tux, which I love...but a Filipino inspired ensemble) but I just can't seem to decide for my girls. Argh. I may not be able to until I'm in Suzhou looking at fabrics. Decisions decisions. Yeah, I know...stop complaining Catie.
So after this particular trip to Ikea, it's cemented in my head that I'm not just buying stuff for my apartment...I'm building a home, a home that in 7 months Raul will move into. There are still moments where I catch myself and can't believe that all this is happening. Last night it really hit me as we were reading a study book together...this is for real. The person I'd been praying for for all these years and wondering about was sitting right next to me! And he wanted to marry me! I'm a complete dork, I know...but it was such an awesome feeling I couldn't shake...and I didn't want to, to be honest.
Thursday, October 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment