I need a haircut.
Okay, now that that randomness is out of the way...
Though I love teaching Sunday school...I hate when I miss what seems like a really great sermon. Blah. From what I've been told by others, Andy preached a great sermon that was part history and part Word application...talking about the 22 foreigners who stayed behind in Nanjing 70 years ago and were a part of the efforts to help the Nanjingren in those days in December. His last question... "will you be number 23?" I want someone to fill in the gaps for me...as I've been reading so much lately about what happened in 1937 (most recently, 1937: A Love Story, and still reading John Rabe's diaries), and I'm intrigued that Andy preached on it. Need to get his sermon notes I guess.
Worship yesterday was really cool. Kennedy has had this idea to have a mass choir for worship once a month, and if yesterday is any indication, I think it's a cool idea. It's a bit overwhelming since we're not used to having that much sound on stage, but if we get proper technical equipment, it could turn out really nice. It was so awesome hearing all the vocal parts come out, too.
Busy week of school ahead as some of the students' parents come from Korea to visit this weekend, with our performances for them on Friday night. My speaking/drama class is doing a skit from our book on the making of the first American flag, so I'm a bit nervous how that will turn out. But my students are excited and doing really well with it. The performances are generally fun to watch, but require lots of preparation and varying students' attitudes. We'll see.
Be blessed y'all.
Monday, October 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment