One of these days I'll actually remember to bring my camera out to school with me so you can see the new building that the international dept of NEIS is in (because I know you're all so interested :p ) Anyways. So I've discovered one huge setback to the new setup. First of all, in the old building, we occupied the whole first floor, and unlike most Chinese school layouts, it was all enclosed in one long hallway. Everyone was together on the same floor and the cafeteria was right above us. We were spoiled. Though the classrooms were small, especially mine, it was nice to all be in the same space.
Now, we have the opposite situation. We have 4 floors of no enclosed space, just open hallways with a railing on the outside. This can be interesting, especially when you have torrential downpours all day like we did yesterday.
The hallways on all 4 floors were practically flooded, as well as the outside stairwell, making it really fun to get around the buildings. Students also had fun throwing each other in the puddles, running to and from the dormitory and cafeteria, but mostly just dealing with getting wet as soon as you stepped foot out of a room. It wouldn't have been so bad had the wind not been so terrible. Wow... Yeah, I wish I would have had my camera yesterday so you could just get a glimpse of what it looked like.
Another setback, there's one set of restrooms...on the 1st floor. So we time our potty breaks accordingly. But I will say this...all this stair climbing is great for my exercise. Now that I have an elevator for my 6th floor apartment, I don't take the stairs as much as I did with my old 6th floor apartment. But still...up, down, up, down...gets exhausting.
So anyway. I think? fall is here now. The school year goes into it's 3rd week. The students leave for October holiday early next Thursday so the school can finish the renovations in our building...and the teachers that don't want to go on the school trip...we get an extra 2 days of vacation and no make up classes this year! :)
K, I'm done rambling. Be blessed y'all.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment