Sunday, September 16, 2007

Hodgepodge entry

We survived the first week, and it felt good. I'll feel better once there are no more changes :) Ha. But yeah...getting the first week done was nice. Once we reach October holiday, I'll get into a stride of how to manage things and it'll feel more comfortable.
What doesn't make me comfortable? Absoultely insane Nanjing traffic particularly through south pukou, the bridge, and into the north part of the city. It's just getting ridiculous, and it's not just at rush hour...it's all the time. It's to the point that something has got to be done about the amount of private cars in Nanjing. When I got here 3 years ago, I could count on one hand how many private cars I'd seen on the street in front of my uni. Now...it's practically every car in the road, and surprisingly, out in pukou, too. I guess the logic is get a cheap apartment in pukou and you can afford a car. But yeah...if all 8 million people in Nanjing have a car...that's a disaster happening as we speak. Pr for guidance for the leaders...they need a fast solution. A lot of people are pissed about the current situation.
In the midst of that, it was an amazingly blessed weekend at the NICF. Singing in worship was such a joy at the end of a busy week. Adjustments are happening in the team, and He's working...I'm looking forward to a great year with the NICF worship team. And...some major happiness. A young married couple (literally...married 2 months and moved to China to teach English) from Florida lives in pukou!! I about freaked out. It's amazing what you really don't voice to Him, but He hears your heart and answers you by bringing more foreigners into the suburbs. So they're excited about maybe spending more time with me and Raul and pursuing the start of a pukou cell group. Yay for really cool blessings :)
And I'm giddy just because...I'm so in love :) I really do have the greatest guy in the world. The Father's been so good in our relationship, particularly in the past couple weeks as we've needed His grace to adjust after the summer and starting the new year. But He's brought us closer together and...yeah, it's just pretty awesome :) I'm so blessed.
And...to move the wedding plans right along and end this post....I've officially chosen my matron of honor :) I asked her today after the Sunday service and she cried, she was so moved. It was a true blessing asking her to share in the day with me, and I know she'll do an amazing job.
A mishmash of a post.
Be blessed y'all.
OH...and GOOO COLTS!!!!

No comments: