Aside from not knowing how to be financially responsible, deal with insurance, buy a car, buy a house, medical issues are things that go on the back burner when you live abroad...unless they become an emergency or you become pregnant. I don't think I'm alone in this. I know at least a few people who have been in the same situation. It doesn't become a priority when you live abroad, especially when you live in a country with a completely different health care system (not to mention huge language barrier).
All that said, I haven't been to the dentist in (I won't tell you how many) years, or the doctor in (I won't come near saying how many) years. Well, I took the first step today and make an appointment for the dentist next Wednesday. Things have been slowly progressing to the point where I have to do something soon and pray along the way that it isn't my worse case scenario (root canal, getting a tooth pulled, etc). This was a big first step for me as I was so so scared. The money has me really scared. The prospect of what could be wrong has me scared.
The upside? I'm going to an office that I really trust...the dentist I had for most of my life and I'm praying will be understanding and work with me on the financial part. That's the good thing in all of this.
Part of this relocating to the States has been me learning how to be an adult. There have been several parts to this process over the past 2 1/2 years, and I know this is just another step in that process. But gosh...it's hard.
Please pray for me that I have the courage to go through all this and that I can get through whatever treatment and care I'm going to need in the near future. Pray for His provision as well. And pray that I'll have the courage to go to the next steps...doctor visits.
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I got you girl! It is hard being on this side, too. I must go to the dentist soon myself. Not excited! I will pray.
Post a Comment