Thursday, March 8, 2012

the Peyton era



When I was still living in China, I blogged about the day that Reggie Miller retired from the Indiana Pacers and how sad I was. No doubt yesterday, watching that news conference where Peyton spoke about his decision to leave the Colts, was much worse. When Peyton tried to hold back his tears, I couldn't hold back mine. A lot of my fellow Hoosiers can probably relate. For the rest of the day I wore my #18 shirt, my version of "sackcloth and ashes". He made me a football fan, and I loved watching him play. I even woke up at 5am in China so I could watch him and our Colts in the Super Bowl. I got excited to see him in person (though from a distance) at training camp for 2 years. And I will miss him, as I know a lot of us will. Colts football just won't be the same.

No comments: