My girl Jamie is no longer the single gal I knew and loved in China (and have continued to love since Raul and I moved away from China), but she is now married. In the years that I've known her, and it definitely feels like more than 4, she would talk about her desire to get married and see that plan revealed in her life...she waited patiently for it. And God heard her by bringing an incredible man like Levi into her life. As one of several ladies I know (it's weird that we're becoming a "trend") to marry into an international family, there's nothing like knowing that God can take you both from your homelands and bring you together in a way that only He can orchestrate and execute. I know that His divine purpose is present in every relationship, but to be able to say that I moved thousands of miles and continents away from home to meet my love...it's pretty amazing what God can do. And God has given Jamie and Levi that blessing as well.
This past weekend, Raul and I with my parents went to Mt. Sterling, IL to be a part of their wedding. I was one of 8! bridesmaids and Raul was one of 3 groomsmen. My dad and I also did a duet during the ceremony. And I threw (along with some help) a shower for Jamie the night before the wedding. Being a part of their special day was such a joy for us and something we had looked forward to for several months. It really was the highlight of our summer and something we won't forget.
On top of it being Jamie and Levi's wedding, it was a reunion of sorts. For Jamie, it was a chance to get her whole family together while she was in the States, to gather friends from her college days, and for those of us former Nanjingren to see each other in an unfamiliar setting...the US. Those of us in that last group, the Kaparazes, the Mengs, and the Mwenyas (as well as a couple of others that I had heard about but never met) had an amazing time together and made the most of the time we had together. It was such a special time that we all hated leaving. But we also knew God would give us that time again...someday.
So thank you to Jamie and Levi for letting all of us be a part of your special day, for allowing us to share in that reunion, and for making some pretty special memories we won't soon forget. We love you!
Tehillah, Jamie and Levi Arana, Raul and me, and Kimberly
1 comment:
Lovely dresses!! Those are much nicer than what most bridesmaids end up wearing. :O)
Post a Comment