Saturday, April 2, 2011

let the 30-ness begin!

I know that God is faithful and sees us at our point of need. We just had a great day in Columbus, O-H-I-O, a day trip with my parents, brother, and his girlfriend. It was an early celebration of my 30th birthday, and I felt so blessed.


We had a great lunch at a German restaurant in Columbus's German Village with a take-home cream puff that is to die for. :)

then, after some shopping at Easton (my knee barely hung in there, but if you know Easton, you know it's worth it :), we went back to my aunt and uncle's house for a suprise birthday celebration. My cousin Jennifer made sure I was all decked out with a sash, pin, hat, glasses, and party horn...she doesn't know I'll get her back when she turns 30 in November ;) My aunt and uncle's bichons weren't sure what to think of the horn :)
a present from my parents... My mom is a big fan of P.Buckley Moss's paintings, and while she and my dad were down in Florida, she ordered this print for me and had the studio send it to her after it was framed, personalized, and autographed. I l-o-v-e it :) For those of you who don't know...the snowmen are spelling out O-H-I-O :) my cute birthday cake. My family is all about the picture cakes, and this year was no exception. It was a pretty cute picture of me and a doll of mine....we just don't remember how old I was in it. But I was pretty cute :) It was such a great day, and at the end of it, as I'm typing after a week of pretty nasty pain and discomfort...the pain is starting to leave my leg. God heard my prayers and the prayers of many others who have seen how much I struggled this week. He's been faithful in that, and I know He will be just as faithful in every aspect of my life.

No comments: