On this my mom's birthday (happy birthday Mom!), I decided to grace you with an update. I'm sorry I stink at writing lately. I'm seriously debating whether or not to keep the blog going. Part of me definitely thinks I should because there's still so much more to our story, as Raul goes through school and we actively wait for "life on our own again". The other part says, "you don't want to become one of those bloggers that writes once a month, and when you do, it's boring". I'm torn. So I promise that even though I may not blog all the time, I will try to blog more than once a month and write blogs that are somewhat interesting.
The school year is moving right along. Though it doesn't seem possible, we've been back for 5 1/2 weeks, and the way I count that in my head is by the names of certain people we've had in and out of our room working those 5 1/2 weeks. Isn't that sad? But so it is in the room this year. We've had our ups and downs, but I can safely say that the routines are getting set and we're all (students included) well on our way to become fully adjusted. It's taken a lot of work, and some handle it better than others (students, I mean), but we're getting there. We've seen some new behaviors from a couple of students, and some old behaviors from a teacher (my impatience is back). But His presence is definitely felt every single day in my life. I honestly don't know how I could get through it without Him helping me along. There are days where I get out of bed and just don't have a mental or physical strength....but the Father gets me through. And there days (almost every, in fact) where I walk home with Raul and just feel exhausted and don't want to do anything but fall in bed...but the Father shows me how important quality time with my husband and parents is in the evening.
I'm glad I'm working with a coworker from last year as well as a new coworker this year. And though I miss last year's group of girls, I'm really thankful He's taking me out of that "comfort zone" of sorts and bringing something new.
So, all in all the year is starting off well. We're all getting ready for Museum Days (James Dean Days) this weekend, and I'm really looking forward to it. Something else I'm really looking forward to? Cooler weather. I'm over the heat and summer and ready for fall.
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment