Sorry I haven't written in awhile.
In all the waiting I was doing to hear if I had a job or not, we went back to the state fair for some concert fun(Kris Allen and Keith Urban...awesome awesome) with my good friend Destiny and her mother-in-law. I had missed her (and my other 2 coworkers) over the summer. And the following day, we all got together (the Life Skills room) with our students, their parents, the principal, and the new teacher. It was there that I found out I indeed did have a job for the school year.
Though it's the second week of school and the kinks still haven't been worked out in my job (there are lots of kinks to work out in our room, though), I'm thrilled to be back at work. There comes a time during the summer where even the teachers are ready to go back, and I hit that point awhile ago...and not just because I needed a paycheck. I couldn't wait to get back to my students.
So this second week of school...I'm still happy to have a job. I'm still happy to be with my students (most of them ;) . And I'm happy to work with the people I do. But it's definitely going to be a year when I need to daily ask Him for a shower of grace. I actually used that phrase yesterday, and it's so true. This year is bringing a whole new set of challenges and changes in our room that are hard to get used to and require lots of adjustment. So that extra measure of grace and His strength is needed each and every day. But no matter what, I'm so thankful to Him that I do have a job...a job where I feel a purpose, where I know beyond a shadow of a doubt why He has placed me there. And I'm so excited to see what He wants to teach me this year.
Now that I've said all that....
Is it Christmas vacation yet?
;)
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you're back this year! I know I've told you that before but I just can't say it enough! On those days when it's hard (and I know there are days like that) just remember what a blessing you are to Jay and our family!
Post a Comment