Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day


With the exception of the Fourth of July, we've now been here for all the holidays, and I'm not sure there are 2 more American holidays than Memorial Day and the Fourth of July. The actual Memorial Day just started this morning, but we already participated in some local activities and went to the Indianapolis 500 Festival Parade, the day before the Indianapolis 500 race. Even though I got sick from dehydration and wasn't fully able to enjoy the parade, it was a really great day in the sun with 300,000 people watching the parade. Raul was able to see a big part of Indiana culture with the 500 and , I think, really enjoyed it :) My parents have video of him dancing to prove it.
With 2 grandfathers and several cousins who have served in the military and one who is currently serving in the middle east, Memorial Day is a special day. And it's even more so after spending 5 years in a country that is not free like the US is. I praise Him that I live in a country where people fight every single day for my freedom.

No comments: