Thursday, March 25, 2010

spring break part 2




This week has been my spring break (reminder, our week in Florida was technically Raul's spring break, so I got 2 spring breaks, so to speak). And how have I spent it? Still being sick. It continued off and on since we got back from Florida. The class room was a germ factory last week, so that didn't help. One of our students went home sick on Thursday, and another was pretty sick on Friday. Needless to say...germ factory. I went home Friday on the downward spiral. It developed into a naaasty sore throat that was with me most of the weekend. Sunday I felt yucky. Monday and Tuesday I was home alone while everyone else was at work or school, so I tried to get better. Yesterday I felt pretty good. Raul and I took a walk with Sierra, worked in the backyard, and just enjoyed the sunshine. Then, the cold set in again and Catie woke up feeling poopy again. The sore throat is back with a vengeance as well as more congestion. Yucko. I'm having a blast on my spring break, on top of losing all my contacts and photos on my cell phone after having issues with it yesterday. Grrrr.


On the upside, it's a break. So at least I have the chance to be sick at home and not missing days of work. And, I finished one book, read 2 others, and am getting ready to start a new one. If you know me, this won't come as a shock. I go through books like water, which I'm also drinking a lot of. Nourishment for the mind and body. Yep, that's me! I bought a new water bottle on Saturday (not sure why I didn't do it before) and have been filling it up constantly...my newest addition to trying super hard to start losing some pounds. Here's hoping...

No comments: