Thursday, January 7, 2010

snow days

I feel like a dork. I've lived in Indiana for pretty much my entire life and totally forgot within 5 years what it looked like when it really snowed. The girls at work are a little surprised at my reaction to all the fluffy white stuff that's been flying around all day. There's a good 4 inches on the ground already, and I don't think it's done yet. Just glad I'm done being out in it, though I wasn't in it much. We went to school this morning, pretty sure our day wouldn't last long, and it didn't. By 10:30, it had been announced that we'd be leaving at 1:15, 2 hours early. Pretty excited :) So now the question is if we'll be cancelled tomorrow. As much as I love snow days, I miss a paid day without school...and we have to make it up. Hmm...how to choose?


Meantime, I enjoyed a couple extra hours at home...and now I'm enjoying Destiny's homemade hot chocolate that she had extra batches of. And, I'm enjoying watching the pretty snow as I pray for those out in it. Stay safe on the roads, y'all!

Few photos for you...
puppies trying to figure out what to make of all this snow :)

Raul went for a walk while I was at school...not sure how, but he did :) this would be Main Street, Fairmount

the Fairmount Museum, all pretty and covered in snow


No comments: