Sunday, January 17, 2010

refresher weekend

So yeah, last week wasn't the greatest week I've had in awhile. But the weekend certainly made it all better (we'll forget the sinus issues I'm having at the moment). Yesterday afternoon, our family friends Jerry and Claudia went with Raul and me and Mom to the Gaithers' complex in Alexandria. The Gaither Vocal Band has just released 2 new concert dvds with the new-old group (made up of GVB all-stars of sorts...Bill, David Phelps, Michael English, Mark Lowry, and Wes Hampton), and they were premiering the dvds at a special showing in the Gaither studios, right next to the Gaither store and down the road from Bill and Gloria's home (conveniently down the road from my family's home). I'd never been to a premier before, though I'd been to the studio, and I was excited, as was Raul. And we had a great time. Gloria was there to introduce the video, talk a bit about the new group, then we, along with a couple hundred other people, enjoyed an entire GVB video. And let me tell y'all...it doesn't get much better than Gaither Vocal Band music. You may associate all things Gaither with "older" people, and I did for a long time, too, but there's nothing like it in Christian music...or music in general. The first song on the dvd is my all-time favorite Gaither song (and there are many to choose from), Alpha and Omega, and by the end of the song...I was already refreshed in my spirit...and it just got better as the hour and thirty minutes went on.
With all the things going on in my and my family's lives lately, the power of music overcame me yesterday. I worshipped...while watching a concert video. It wasn't even live music, but I felt as if I was there in the San Antonio theater, and I allowed myself to just worship and let Him speak. God showed me who He was in those moments.
Then today, Raul and I went to our second Sunday school class that's been discussing the book Crazy Love. Again, He was speaking. And then the service, our third at the new church...yet again. I'd love to give details and all that, but my heart is just so full and overwhelmed...I'm not sure I'll have the words to describe it.

It was a weekend of blessing. And I'm so thankful.

And I'm also glad the Colts won yesterday :) that made a fantastic weekend pretty darn near perfect :)

No comments: