Tuesday, November 17, 2009

on my mind...

I haven't posted much lately, but here are the things on my mind lately. It's a very random list.

~ Christmas gifts are more complicated when I can't just head to fuzimiao or fashion lady for quick buys that usually included Chinese souvenirs. I think I've figured out some things for my parents, but my bro and sis-in-law and husband are proving to be more complicated. Hopefully a shopping trip this weekend in Indy will clear some things up for me.

~ The patience of some people just astounds me, the teacher I'm currently working with, for example. She's such a wonderful person, too. I often find myself asking, while I'm in the classroom and working with a student, "What would Destini do?" She's a gift to work with. If this job doesn't work out as full-time, I'll be sad that I have to stop working with her.

~I'm praying I don't get sick. The classroom is a germ factory with sinus infections and flu going around. Lovely. Thankfully, so far my stuff is only allergy-induced (of course), and hopefully that's getting better as the weather stays (fingers crossed) cold. But the constant sickness of students (yet still being in school) doesn't help a lot, especially when they don't know how to cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze. Well, some do, but they choose to ignore it. Yucky. So far, I'm just exhausted from 2 days where the other 2 aides have been sick and I feel like I've done the work of 2 people.

~ Really looking forward to some snow soon. After hearing that Nanjing, which hardly ever gets snow, much less in November, had snow 2 days ago, I was more than ready for some in Indiana. Hopefully soon...

~ Remember that weird stomach flu thing I had the week before we left Nanjing in August? Well, after reading an email that compares the common cold to H1N1, my mom, myself, and even Jamie are convinced my little sickness was H1N1. Lovely.

No comments: