I'm listening to WGNR right now, and one of their little "mini sermon" segments was talking about the passage I read last night in my daily Word reading, Phillip meeting the Ethiopian...being open to His leading, being on patrol and responding to "the Dispatcher" as He sets up appointments for you. As I was listening, I was reminded that I haven't let you all know how my Word reading has been going.
Well, I went right into the New Testament (after really loving the minor prophets), got through all the Gospels (reading them at a faster pace helps you point out the parallels), but when I got to John, all of it changed. I've told many that when they start reading the Word, they should start with John...and maybe people have said the same. But I'd never really read it straight through myself (I know, hypocrite)... it's such a powerful book, so completely different from the other 3 and filled with a complete different angle of His life. You're probably saying "duh, Catie", and I was saying that myself as I was reading it, but I needed to see it for myself and fall in love with it in my own way. I did...then as I started Acts, I fell in love with Acts. I've always wanted to read Acts straight through (the intercultural studies/mission major in me), but never got around to it (hypocrite). I'm in the middle of this amazing book, and I'm just in awe. I said this when I was in the OT, too, but there's something amazing about seeing this amazing history unfold right in front you. And as a "worker", I'm especially excited to see the history of the "work" and the fellowship unfold. Reading about great people like Stephen, Phillip, Peter, Paul, Silas, Barnabas, Timothy, the first fellowship in Antioch, and it's inspiring.
Again, I encourage all of you, if you're not doing it already, to go straight through the Word. You don't have to do it in 3 months, but please do it. It really will change your life.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment