I know...I know. I'm a bad blogger. But my mom and aunt are probably the only one's who've noticed ;)
So...here's how the last week has shaped up.
Tuesday: I welcomed my husband home :) Yeah, it was a good reunion. Watched a funny Filipino movie he'd brought back with him.
Wednesday: Sleeping in for the last time, grocery shopping at Carrefour, struggling majorly with my cold.
Thursday: New semester meetings at school, placement tests for the new students. It's so sad this semester. Because of the financial crises, we've lost 28 students and only gained 5, 2 of which came back after being gone for a semester. It's a bit depressing realizing the ones that left. Cold even worse, I had no voice.
Friday: First day of class. Very tiring, but I was glad to see the returning students. Thankfully all my English track students came back. I also talked to a prospective student on the phone who was looking to transfer from his school in Suzhou. Still struggling with a cold.
Saturday: Up very early to prepare for the breakfast cell group fellowship that Raul and I hosted. It was very successful though, and lots of fun. Immediately after, most of us (being NEIS teachers) joined a school lunch at Carioca. Then I went to the bookstore and Costa while Raul got a massage :) My husband's funny.
Sunday: Taught Sunday school for the last time...decided it was time to say goodbye to the ministry at the beginning of a new semester. Had a quick lunch before heading back to pukou in the pouring rain. Waited at school for my new student and his family. Had a meeting with them, tested him, and basically welcomed him to the school. I have a new student named Ricky. The cold is getting better.
Monday: Busy first "real" day of class. I hate Mondays. My schedule is a bit poopy :p But English corner last night went awesome. Ya'll, I just...I can't explain it. But I will say that as much as I tried to pull away from making a commitment to go every week, He is pulling me right back in, showing me that he wants me there. Please lift up this opportunity that we've been given. He's doing so much already.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You're so right....I notice....and check three times a day..
love you,
mom
Whew! Reading your schedule makes me feel better about mine lately. :) Hope you get over that cold soon!
I would notice too. :) We're getting a decline in enrollment to at my school. I'll be pr for you.
Post a Comment