Thursday, December 11, 2008

this week

This week in a nutshell (and it's only Thursday night)...
- Sunday- Great worship at NICF by our new core worship team of the "old people" (myself, Kennedy, Maryann, Bryant, Annie, Jiaxin, Cadeau, and Uli). Followed by a great great sermon on pr by Alycia's father. He'll also be speaking this Sunday, but I'll be missing it to teach Sunday school.
- Monday - typical Monday-ness. Tired. But for dinner, Raul and I went to Danielle's to have dinner with her and Chris before she leaves for Australia on Friday. The last time I'd see her while she's still single. Can't believe they'll be married in a couple weeks, so exciting :) It was also a really fun dinner.
- Tuesday - homesick, tired. Found out two of my English track students will be leaving next Friday to study immediately in the US. Huge disappointment and some frustration at the decision made by the parents. Anyhoo. Then, last-minute word that we were asked to attend a dinner and ordination service for the Korean counselor at our school. Raul and I attended the dinner, but had already made an appointment to work on internet issues with my laptop. Issues weren't fixed. For the first time, I made brownies that 'til today (Thursday) are still soft. Brownies done right :) Then... Burned myself twice in a period of less than 24 hours. I accidentally hit a knuckle on the toaster oven door while I was baking said brownies....
- Wednesday- Then just 10 hours later, I hit my middle finger on the skillet while making eggs for breakfast. This one was really painful. Being married has been good for my accident-prone self, then, I manage to burn myself twice in 10 hours. Nice one, Catie. Internet issues were partly solved, but I'm still having a problem. Being homesick. Starting to look forward to my parents' Christmas package. Figured that everyone's going home at some point in the next month except me...or at least it seems that way.
- Thursday- Frustration with one of my students who will be leaving next Friday. He's decided that since he's leaving next week, he shouldn't really give a crap and should just try to distract everyone else as much as possible. He's been talked to about it, and hopefully his last week will be better now. While working on my QT powerpoint for next Friday, the story of the 3 trees. Love this story. I was looking up photos to add to the powerpoint, and was in the middle of typing the word "manger" into Google images when on the radio came the song "Away in a Manger". Very cool coincidence. If you haven't read the story of the 3 trees, read it. Or just come to my QT next Friday.

No comments: