Say what you will about facebook (it's addictive, it's a time-waster, it's just plain stupid...etc) but you cannot deny that it's a pretty good tool for finding those people you lost track of over the years due to graduating, marriage, and, in my case, moving overseas. It's easy for people to just slip through your grasp of communication, completely unintentionally. Such is the case with my best friend from elementary and middle school days, Erin. The last thing I ever heard about her (not even directly from her, it was an announcement in my mail)was after I came back from Spain, that she had gotten married. I thought she had moved, then I never heard anything. Her parents moved overseas to work, I didn't have contact with her sisters, so my Erin friend was lost :( Then, I found her mother on facebook, and she told me Erin had been wanting to get in touch with me. But I never got emails or heard anything. Then...lo and behold, Erin something is suggested by Erin's mom. I didn't know the last name (her married name) but I knew it was her. So excited! And just like that, old friends who haven't spoken in probably almost 10 years are back in touch! It's pretty cool, and such a blessing!
I'm particularly thrilled by all the people facebook has brought back into my life since we're moving back next year. I guess it's my fear that I'll go back and have no friends :( since most of my college friends have scattered, and I don't really keep in touch with a lot of people from high school. It's a weird feeling, but He has been taking care of that and those fears, showing me that even though some old friends may not be in Indiana, I do have friends in the US...I'm not leaving all of them behind in Nanjing. I should say I'm relieved, but that wouldn't be the right word...I'm just thankful that He's looking out for us.
Now if I could figure out a job for when we move back. Baby steps, Catie.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment