Sunday, October 19, 2008

moving on to the next...

Thank you all so much for your thoughts. Worship went well yesterday. We introduced the old hymn I Stand Amazed (How Marvelous) in the style by Bart Millard. I first heard it on wgnr then found it on youtube and just fell in love with it. Kennedy was even able to copy the style of the banjo on his guitar...it sounded so nice. I love vamping up old hymns and bringing them to the fellowship. Just makes me smile :)

Not so busy this week, and I'm grateful for it. The weekend, as usual, is another story. I'm trying to come up with another project for my drama class since we don't have a performance the second part of the semester. How to motivate students to do something when there's no performance or exam in their class? Hmmm... Any ideas? I've thought about some sort of inner-class competition. But I'll take more suggestions.

We're also waiting for a package from the US this week. It's been awhile since we've gotten things from home, so I'm excited :) We don't expect much this year, since we're moving and all...but it's still nice to get some love.

Speaking of... A couple weeks ago I was having regular dreams about moving back to the states, and oddly enough, each one focused on a different aspect of moving back. The dreams stopped the past several days because I've been so exhausted. But last night, they came back. And in this dream, I heard people speaking Chinese around me, though I was in the US.

Sometimes these dreams weird me out. Other times they make me think, and yet other times they just make me even more anxious to go home. But this morning in the mazda on the way to school, I pondered my dream, and I got a little teary-eyed. I'm not sure exactly why. I think I'm just a bundle of emotions...and more than likely it's not going to slow down any time soon.

No comments: