I'll tell ya, the US economic situation isn't doing much encouraging for someone who's eager to move back home next year. Goodness. What's going on? All I can do at this point is hope that the situation will be under some kind of control and non-downward spiral by the time we get home.
Though not so much encouraged by what's happening back home (not to mention economics, but news about some other people in US), I was encouraged by something I read on my friend Jennie's blog... a reminder of the Scripture that says "some trust in chariots, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God." So completely true. This point in time will test Americans trust in their government and financial institutions, but it should also bring out our faith in the One who is ultimately in control.
Be blessed y'all, and lift up our nation.
"there is hope for the helpless, rest for the weary...mercy and healing... that'll meet you wherever you are... Cry out to Jesus" - this song just happens to be on WGNR as I'm writing this blog. It's no coincidence. What a beautiful word.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is so true! I've really been challenged to keep eternity in mind in everything and remember that God is my provider. It really simplifies life because I don't spend time worrying about things that are beyond my control. OK, well, I'm working on it anyway.
Post a Comment