Yesterday in my high school grammar class, I was writing the date in my log book and accidentally wrote 9/11. Instantly, my heart skipped a beat. I realized it was actually the 10th, but for a moment, my heart jumped at seeing the date.
Though it's been 7 years, why does that date still cause numbness or anxiety or sadness in the hearts of us that weren't even directly affected by the events in NYC on that day? For me, I didn't know anyone personally who was killed, but as an American, my heart was with all the people who did. As a believer, I asked that He would touch the lives of those affected, and as a believer 7 years later, I still ask for His hand to touch those who still mourn and grieve losses.
7 years ago our lives as Americans changed, and most of us may still feel that gut-wrench of a feeling no matter how many years pass, how many anniversaries they commemorate. September 11 will still be the day that America changed.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment