Friday, August 29, 2008

Healer

And I believe You're my Healer...
I believe You are all I need...
Jesus You're all I need...

The words to this song touched my heart a couple weeks ago when my friend Emmanuel first told me about it and I watched it on youtube. I thought the song was beautiful and moving, easy to sing (and as a worship leader, easy to teach to a congregation), and I looked forward to teaching it to the NICF the next time I led worship. I watched the Hillsong dvd, borrowed from Danielle, listened to this guy who'd written the song, was dying of cancer, singing on this dvd with oxygen tubes in his nose. I was touched, moved by the words, by his story.

Then I found out 2 days ago it was a lie. The evil one used this man who lied for 2 years to his family, his congregation, and ultimately to all of us who've listened to this song, had our heart poured out to him and what he was going through. He wasn't suffering from cancer. I saw this in a cnn news report on youtube just a few days before I was to teach the song to the NICF, and I felt conflicted. Should I teach the song, should I not? I just didn't feel any peace about it at all. After talking to my parents and Raul, I decided that no, I wouldn't. Say what you will, but that was my decision. As my dad said, it's not for me to decide whether or that song came with an anointing from the Spirit...but for me, singing the song after hearing what had happened (and I'd even planned on sharing the man's story before we sang the song), I just couldn't do it.

So now all I can think to do is lift this man up to the Father. There's a lot more going on in his life, and if you want to know more, there's an Australian news report on youtube as well where they interviewed him about what happened. http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=HcswYwQczPc&feature=related

This song now has a new meaning for those of us who've struggled with sin (and who among us hasn't?) and need His divine healing to take away the pain sin has caused and replace it with joy, forgiveness, and love.

No comments: