Monday, July 7, 2008

"it's like teacher boot camp"

This was said to me last year when I arrived at the camp in Shanghai, and it rings true this year in the camp Raul and I are at in a small city in Zhejiang province. This is an interesting city. It's only 10 years old, built for the wealthy, and prospering. There is no public transportation, only private cars and taxis, so we're told. And the camp is at a foreign language school around the corner from the hotel we're staying in. We're looking forward to seeing a bit more of the city...at least I am.

The classes...we each have 6 periods, but I have 4 classes, 2 of which (my younger students, 14 years old) I have 2 periods in a row. Those are going to be a bit of a killer, but being able to show movies will help a bit, I'm sure. It'll make for long days...

No comments: