Monday, June 30, 2008

yeah, so....

So I'm on vacation and there's not a whole lot to blog about. Though we do manage to stay busy on vacation. We've been out and about everyday since finals finished, but tomorrow, the only thing on the schedule is visiting the Lizzis who are now safe at home with little Celeste. It'll be nice to slow things down in the next few days.
I'm organizing a little 4th of July get-together for our cell group. I was hoping others would be able to come out, too, but it's not looking that way. It'll still be fun though...some sort of cookout and picnic, games, and hopefully, if it doesn't rain, fireworks. I haven't lit fireworks the whole time I've lived in China (I'm sure I'm the only person in this country who hasn't), so I'm excited to get back at my neighbors who've felt free to do it at all hours of the day :) Hehe. I'm evil. Anyway, so it'll hopefully be a great 4th. Something I'm even more excited about, oddly enough, is trying a recipe in the cookbook from Mom and Dad's church. It's expensive to get ingredients for many of the recipes, but I wanted to do something fun, something to remind me of my mom :) So I'm making this apple salad recipe I found. Woohoo :) I'll let you know how it turns out...
I leave you with photos from Sunday afternoon...our little outing to fuzimiao with Andy and Becky.

No comments: