It's a miracle. As I speak, the sun is out for the first time in probably 2 weeks? Well, kinda out. It's covered with the lovely summer Nanjing haze. I continue to not understand the weirdness that is this summer weather so far.
Anyways.
After a 5 hour meeting yesterday that left me feeling like I was going to pass out (my Wednesday regiment of not eating lunch and taking medication), we're officially done. We had drama with the computers losing a few report cards, then a Chinese teacher fessing up to moving them, then realizing some grades were still missing, then hurrying to finish because it was after 5:00... This is why you don't do Chinese and English tests plus recording and evaluating in 3 days, on computers that everyone has to share. It's ridiculous and must be fixed before next semester. It's insane and all of us were crabby and edgy yesterday because of it. The good news is we're done. We also planned out about 80% of the schedule for next semester, which is completely unheard of for our department (we like to save that til 2 days before school starts). One of the 3 new teachers, Dellon from South Africa, was present yesterday, so it was good to meet him...also one of my coworkers in the English track.
So much to do, but the good news for me is that other than my 2 classes in the English track, I only have 3 more in the Chinese track, 2 of which I've already taught and know the book, and my drama class that I'll just be searching for scripts for. Gives me lots of time to work on the English track...which I need a prayer to get through right now.
Other news...married life is cool :)
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment