The NEIS English teachers had a brilliant idea to give ourselves more work :) and organized an English assembly to give our middle school activity classes and high school classes by level the chance to do a performance all in English. Surprisingly, at a tri-lingual school, this has never happened. Even on parents day, there's a lot of Korean going on...mixed in with a little Chinese and English....and it's chore. But yesterday afternoon proved that they can do it, and they did it very well. Bryant's song activity class and my high school D class (who did an amazing talk show that we all put a ton of work into) were voted by the teachers as best performances, and it was a very successful afternoon. I'll try to get some videos up eventually. We had performances of I Will Follow Him/ Heal the World, As Long as You Love Me, skits on school and family life, Every Move I Make (I Make in You, You Make Me Move Jesus), praise songs by the English teachers, the middle school band singing Skater Boy, and the school's praise team singing Friend of God.
It was a very special afternoon. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment