The year that was a combination of insane stress, busyness, wedding plans and a wedding, family coming in, and many other things...is finally coming to an end. Raul and I both finished writing our exams this week and turned them into the photocopy lady. Other than several days of boredom whilst we review with our students next week and grading (I'm super fast at that anyway), the semester is over, and we couldn't be happier.
Last night at cell group, I praised Him for boredom. I've never been so happy to be bored, school-wise, in my life. It's an amazing feeling right now. Then I put a disclaimer...I was taught to never say "I'm bored" because as soon as you do, someone will give you something to do. So I won't say it too loud, lest Kennedy or Mr. Ahn give me something to do for the new English track.
I've already gone into English track adviser mode helping a student look at colleges for when she graduates next year. Though I know it'll be a stressful job, I think I'll really enjoy it. Maybe it'll help a bit with the homesickness (or make it worse?) by contacting US universities (maybe even my alma mater) to advise students for their future.
To end on a happy note, is anyone else happy that So You Think You Can Dance is back? This is a huge highlight for me, even though I'm in China. I'm hoping people will continue posting it on youtube so I can keep watching. Gonna be a good season!
Friday, June 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment