Wednesday, April 30, 2008

3 more days!

During a phone conversation with my aunt yesterday, the question came up, "how are you feeling?" Well, the answer was and still is...unfortunately... still numb.

It's been a go-go-go sort of week. I stayed with my parents last night and yesterday spent the day with them and Raul's mom and her friend, going to fuzimiao for Burger King (yay :) and some shopping. It was a hot day, too...the first hot day so far. We talk about the wedding a lot, but the reality still hasn't really sunk in deep yet. It comes in spurts though. The biggest one was Monday night at my parents' hotel room when I tried on my whole wedding ensemble for the first time. Everything fit, thank goodness (including my new Target shoes that I'm in love with), and the veil looks great since Danielle fixed it. I'm very very happy with the whole look. :) My mom also tried on her mother-of-the-bride dress, and it's also beautiful. But still, no real emotion. Is that normal? Hopefully it'll hit me on Friday and Saturday...otherwise I'll think something's wrong with me. :p I just still can't process everything that's happening.

Plus I don't get to see Raul very much this week either, which is poopy. He came into the city last night after his one day of work this week and we all got to have dinner together at Swede and Kraut German restaurant (I'm ashamed to say I've lived here almost 4 years and it was the first time I'd been there. Pathetic. It's a great restaurant, really good food.) But today he's with them doing some wedding food shopping and other odds and ends, then I get to see him tonight.

I'll be glad when this whole week is over and we're married. That probably sounds terrible, but if you've had a couple weeks like we have, you'd understand....then multiply that by about 10 with living in another country, commuting back and forth and still having to work. It's hard. Thankfully we serve a great Father who is able to do amazing things and work in our lives. He's able to stretch us past where we thought we could be stretched. He grows us, shapes us, molds us. He opens our eyes to new things every single day. And He blesses us. For that and so many other things, I'm thankful.

This will probably be my last post before the wedding. Be blessed y'all. And please keep us in your thoughts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow- only three more days! I don't think it really sunk in for me until I was able to walk down the aisle. All this nervous energy kicked in and my knees even started to shake. I wasn't nervous about getting married, just really, really excited! I'm sure you'll feel the same way :) Best wishes for the rest of the week. I can't wait to see the photos!! You are going to be gorgeous! And I'm sure Raul will make an handsome groom!