Monday, March 24, 2008

things to look forward to

- only 2 1/2 days work this week. Starting Wednesday afternoon, our students will be on a retreat...all in Korean, which means we don't have to go :) Which means 2 whole weekdays that I can rest/work on wedding things I hate doing on the weekends because it eats up my weekend, i.e. shopping for decorations and odds and ends. Megan and I will be hitting a couple of markets on Friday. I'm excited.
- another wedding item, invitations should be done by Sunday. Jamma, a woman in the NICF who's been busy doing invites for every single shower lately, is doing our wedding invites as well, and I'm excited to see how they turn out.
- and another wedding item. I'll finally get to have a fitting tomorrow. I was supposed to try on the "practice" dress a couple weeks ago, but never did. So I have no idea if I'm trying that on tomorrow or the real thing. Either way, I'm excited to see any progress, as well as hand over the material for my Filipiniana top. Bit nervous about all this, but excited...mainly because Danielle keeps telling me how beautiful it's going to be. :)
- my 27th is 3 weeks from today :)
- I had to edit this one in because I forgot about it... but Steven Curtis Chapman will be in Nanjing on May 9th!!! It's been confirmed. It had been in the works for a few weeks, and they're still working out details like a venue, ticket costs, etc. But it's so exciting that our city will be a part of his 10 day tour in China. :) And...even more exciting that it's just in time to be *after* the wedding (it was rumored originally to be the weekend of the wedding). A lot of us are excited and ready to help out...especially if that means we'll get to meet him ;)

No comments: