Though it's still friggin' freezing (and I wish I had the money to buy a proper heating unit for my apartment), some of the snow has managed to melt. When the sun can escape and move around the shadows, more of it starts to melt. But as long as the temperatures stay this cold...yeah, snow will be around awhile. Unless more guys like Raul and I saw today are doing their jobs.
For part of our Valentine's Day, we went into the city and walked down Hunan Lu, my old neighborhood, all the way down to Xuanwumen and the lake entrance. At the beginning of Hunan Lu, we saw guys in navy business suits with long shovels in their hands, digging at the snow and pouring it into a bin. I just couldn't help but chuckle a bit.
The lake couldn't have been more beautiful. Rarely do I catch the lake on a clear day, but today was perfect. We walked a lot of the perimeter, and I couldn't help but marvel at how pretty it was :) Took some photos too.
For dinner tonight, we gave our Valentine's Day business to the western restaurant by my house :) It was the first time that I wasn't with the group of sole customers...there were actually 2 other young Chinese couples there, too...but Raul and I were the only ones talking, so we stuck out (Chinese couples are oddly silent in restaurants). Back at my house we watched a movie, which led to discussion and conversation, which turned into a great Valentine's Day...our 2nd together, and our first as an engaged couple.
More changes. We've had a change-up in our wedding party, and now my dear friend Jamie will be taking Kim's place as she has to go back to the states early. So Raul is finding a asking someone to be another groomsmen in Jace's place. It was a potential bit of a mess, but we're not short on friends :) So He's providing and making a way for us to work that out. Praise Him for that.
More changes in work... won't go into a ton of details, but it was a bit of a disappointment for us last night when we found out a dear friend is going to be teaching at the sister school at the city instead of our school, starting this coming Monday. Lots of adjustments to be made because of it, and some headaches to overcome.
Thankfully, we know He's in control of all these changes. He will provide, He has a plan, and He will see it through.
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment