So I haven't really blogged my way into 2008 yet, so here goes...
Cameron and Andrea's visit was a blessing. Though it was hectic for all of us, since several of us weren't feeling well throughout the course of it, it was a great blessing to see old friends again, catch up, and share old stories from the 'WU with Raul :) I think I saw his head spin a couple times. ;)
New Year's Eve at the fellowship was great. Our traditional watch night service went well into 2008, ending a little after 1am, and getting us in bed around 2. Whew! New Year's Day was spent with friends over a hotpot lunch then shopping in a very crowded fuzimiao. I've discovered why I like to stay cooped up in pukou on weekends and holidays where all of China comes outside...it was madness, especially when we got off our bus at the train station New Year's night, trying to get back to pukou.
Unfortunately, we had to go back to work on Wednesday, but we had a visitor from the US, a teacher at the school in North Dakota that we're trying to build a sort of exchange relationship with. This teacher is in charge of the international development program of the school, and as she described her job...I found myself saying "I want that job!" Should He ever call us to live in the States permanently, this is the kind of job I'd love to have. Little revelations like that are pretty cool :)
On Thursday, I went into my classes, and right after 1st period, I developed a nasty cough that lasted into 3rd period. I was facing the never-ending Thursday that wouldn't end til 10 that night with Raul and me monitoring the students' self study. There was no way I was going to make it, so I told Kennedy I was going home. Someone covered my afternoon classes and the evening for me, and I went home...slept for almost 2 hours (that never happens), watched a movie, coughed my little heart out, still felt nasty congested, and basically just felt gross. Friday morning I had a hard time getting out of bed and decided it'd be best for me to stay home in the morning, but go in for my afternoon classes...only because it's so close to finals and I can't afford to miss a class that only meets once a week. On top of that, Raul and I were leading cell group last night.
The marathon week. Then you have Saturday...where the only thing I have to do today is go to Carrefour to buy double baby shower gifts and a salad to make for the shower tomorrow.
Things to pr for:
finances...this trip to the Philippines is in His plan, we're sure of it, but finances...whew.
wedding plans...kinda goes along with the first one. Just feeling a bit overwhelmed with our existing schedule on top of wedding plans.
my health...it's a constant battle it seems. I'm looking foward to warmer weather in the Philippines though.
strenth to finish...I'm sure exhaustion has played a big part in me getting sick this week, and catching up on sleep the past 2 days has helped immensely. But I could use more, especially as finals come in the next 2 weeks.
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment