1. I'm not the brightest person in the world. Because I've never bought cloves in my life and hadn't seen any til Dana sent me some earlier this year and I finally used them this week...hence the following conversation: Kim messaged me from Shanghai on either Monday or Tuesday (I forget) and asked if I needed anything at City Shopper. "Can you get me some cloves? Maryann had the idea for me to make some for Thanksgiving dinner." "Sure, no problem."
...Several hours later. "Yeah, I got them. Jace said that they sell them in every grocery store in Nanjing. He laughed when I bought them (at a foreign supermarket in Shanghai)."
In my defense, Kim didn't know they were that common either. She specifically had her mom send some last year from the US. So there. :p
2. My students are not the best at studying. When more than half a middle school class fails their writing exam, you want to have a little pity, until someone gets a 97. No pity whatsoever.
3. and last but not least whatsoever...a quote from a high school speaking exam. "...and my mother, she gave me birth." :)
Behave yourselves kiddos. I'll be in the city all weekend, staying with Jamie and Meg, girl-chatting it up and attending the singles seminar (if I'm not kicked out for being engaged) then leading worship on Sunday.
Be blessed y'all. zia jian
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment