Sunday, October 28, 2007

homesick after a busy weekend


A quick recap of the weekend...

Friday's night's cell group was pretty great...followed by staying at Jamie's apartment (totally left me jealous. though it's older than my own, the layout is really cool. I'll get some better photos when I stay next weekend).

Woke up early the next morning for the all-day worship retreat. Pretty awesome, but definitely not long enough :) we needed a whole weekend... still, He did some great stuff and we had a great time of fellowship.

A great service yesterday with great American pizza at a new restaurant to follow...and catching up with my old CPU buddy/"student" David...who could use some pr for his Walk... He needs to get plugged into a fellowship, soon.

Relaxing night at home last night with Raul and Shepherd. Raul made a new Filipino dish, a soup, that I'd never had before...really good.

Then...locking myself out of my apartment this morning while I was outside with Shepherd. Dorothy and Heidi, my students, still had my key from this weekend, so I had to call them at school and they brought it over... Meanwhile, I was outside for an hour on the coldest morning so far this year. Not a good way to start the week. :(

And...after seeing photos such as this that my mom sent me this morning... I'm homesick. I really miss fall in Indiana. There are a few piddly little trees in my compound that have changed, but when you have about 5 branches...it just doesn't compare to this photo.
I haven't been homesick in awhile, but the closer the holidays get...the more frequent the homesickness flashes are. :(
My solace? OSU and Colts are still undefeated, and my dad arrived safely (with a nasty cold) from Chile.

No comments: