Tuesday, October 2, 2007

day trippin'

Since I desperately wanted to forget the events of last night (see post below if you need a re-mind), I accepted an invite from Kim and Jamie to go on a day trip to Shanghai. Very last minute, Ikea-foreign supermarket shopping. So we met at the train station at 7:30 and got train tickets that would leave at 8:30. We didn't get a CRH bullet train, but instead what turned out to be a 47 kuai ticket in a sleeper car? We were looking at each other with strange faces. We didn't get it. But we sat with 8 other people on the 2 bottom beds of a car for 6 people (figure that one out). We arrived in Shanghai 2 1/2 hours later, bought CRH train tickets to go backto Nanjing at 7pm tonight and hopped on the subway to Ikea. I bought more stuff I didn't realize I needed for my apartment :p and the 3 of us had fun. Though when we realized their cafeteria, our lunch option, was sooo crowded, we decided to ignore our hungry stomachs longer and take a taxi to the Ritz Carlton, location of City Supermarket where I get my fun foreign stuff. I again got stuff I didn't realize I needed (choco chip rice cakes, mac 'n cheese, applesauce, Rold Gold cheddar pretzels, and a twix for fun) :p then a mango frappe at the next-door Starbucks. Then it was another taxi to Ajisen Ramen by the train station for an early dinner. At the train station outside our waiting hall, we ran into Shelly and Isaac who were on their way home from the youth retreat in Shanghai this weekend. And....thus ended the day trip :)
More stories, but I'm waaaaay too tired to tell them all. I'll post photos tomorrow, too.
Be blessed y'all.

No comments: